Onychomycosis, or nail fungus, is an infection of the toenail or fingernail in which the nail changes color, thickness, quality and affects many individuals. In addition of causing an embarrassment and an unhealthy appearance, it can also cause pain and difficulty walking. Le Spa Fit is now offering the most effective laser available for nail fungus. Our advanced laser treatment for nail fungus is a quick and comfortable procedure.
Our laser procedure for nail fungus is proven to be a much safer and effective method as compared to oral medications or topical creams, and most patients are able to be clear of their infection with only one - three treatments. One of the key aspects of eradicating nail fungus is to achieve penetration of the laser energy deep into the nail bed. This area needs significant heat to ensure the fungal material is destroyed, which requires a powerful laser. The LightPod Neo offers patients the ideal laser for such treatment. Results are not immediate, as it takes anywhere from 3-12 months for the new, non-infected nail to grow. It is recommended that patients follow this preventive care regiment to avoid reinfection.
Nail Fungus Treatment Q&A
- Purchase a new pair of socks that you can wear immediately after treatment, as a step of avoiding re-infection by the fungal spores.
- Purchase an anti-fungal spray prior to treatment, which will be used to disinfect your shoes.
Immediately Before Treatment
- Completely remove all nail polish, creams or lotions from every nail and skin surface around the treatment area.
- You may return to your normal daily activities immediately after your treatments.
- Keep the treated nails and skin clean and dry, especially after sports or activities involving water or moisture. Wear only clean socks. Treat all of your shoes with the anti-fungal spray immediately after your treatment and at least once per week thereafter.
- You may apply nail polish 24 hours after treatment. Discard any nail polish previously used on the nails. Use an anti-fungal cream on your nails for two weeks post-treatment.
- Change the sheets the 1st night after each treatment and wash socks and sheets with bleach.
- Clean your bath or shower with bleach prior to use. Clean all nail instruments with bleach before using them again. If you shower anywhere outside of your own home (e.g. the gym), wear properly treated flip-flops or sandals and disinfect them after each use.
- To achieve the best results, complete the full treatment schedule at the intervals recommended by your laser practitioner.